Wednesday, August 15, 2007

ok Dude-here it is in a nutshell.....

The room I am sitting in is all white. The breeze coming off the ocean is blowing the sheer cotton curtains and I hear birds outside. The locals tell us that ithas never been this humid here. The room I am sitting in is a condo off the beach. I am already sweating and my hair is starting to frizz. I am on the floor and black mascara and tears are streaming down my face. It's surreal. I feel like I am in a movie or a dream. Actually, a nightmare would be a more accurate description. This trip is nothing like I had hoped or imagined it would be. I have been in San Diego for 6 days now. My purpose for traveling here was too make bank. I am behind in bills and this was a last ditch effort to re-coup. However, since I have been here, the money I made passed right thru my hands. The high cost of living here in Cali and some bad choices on my part have lead to me basically getting stuck here. Now. I could have left here a few days ago, but I promised a client that I don't even know, I would see him today at 1pm. I pride myself on honesty and integrity and being a women of my word. This man so desperately wants to meet me and I promised him I would not leave unless a natural disaster or a major catastrophe took place. So, in the last 24 hours, I had clients jerk me around in every way, shape and form. I was no longer able to stay in my kick ass hotel with the view of the marina. (That was the only thing keeping me sane.) I never went to the beach or even snapped 1 single pic. (I don't think I want to remember this shit anyways.) My lover that flew in on business on Sunday just got off the phone with me. We have broke up. (Were we ever really together-he is a married man...) My best friends boyfriend set me up last nite. He made it look like I stole money from her. (I would never in a million years do that!) I did not have the cash to bail out and get a room when this all went down. After my 1pm - I will be able to get a ride to the airport and take a flight back to Phoenix. So, I feel very very uncomfortable being here and my heart is broken. I think about the visions I had in my mind before I came here. The images of my lover and myself holding hands on the beach at sunset and then my big fantasy coming true. (From here to eternity.) Then I look over at myself in the mirrored closet doors and I burst into tears.

I will be home this afternoon-can somebody pick me up from Sky harbor?

No comments: