Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Empty Nest


On my 360 blog I kinda made a joke out of all of this, but the truth be known – it’s no laughing matter…

My daughter is leaving the nest to go live with her father. I feel like I have truly failed as a parent. I am feeling so much guilt and pain. I spent the last few hours going over what I could have, would have and should have done different. The main thing being my occupation. I feel like maybe if I had done something else, she would not be going at this time.

At first I thought since I made so much more money and her standard of living greatly increased, it was all ok. But the last year I have been struggling financially and emotionally. A lot of stressors have me beat down when just 1 year ago, I was on top of the world. My self-esteem has taken some serious blows. One after another after another. Now this. I never even saw it coming and I am not sure what to do but let her know I love her so much.

The other problem this poses is the clean up and major redeco and sale of the house. I have MM and he is helping, which I praise God for. It’s just the fear of the unknown. What will happen next, where will I be moving? I have some ideas, but I guess only time will tell what my future holds

No comments: